In the event of an employee injury please follow the steps below to ensure correct and swift processing of the claim for you and your employee.
- Seek first aid and report the injury to your employer
- See a doctor of your choice as soon as possible and get a medical certificate. This is known as a First Medical Certificate in the workers’ compensation system.
- Fill out the inside pages of this form and give it and your First Medical Certificate to your employer
- Your employer must complete their part of the claim form and give it together with the First Medical Certificate to their insurer within 5 working days of receiving the claim form.
- The insurer then has 14 days to assess the claim
More information on this process is available from the Workers' Compensation Claim Form which can be found in our Document Library.
Mike's service has been excellent. Myself and Bruna can't thank you enough for that!
A big thanks to David Powell for his assistance in bringing my request to a speedy and satisfactory conclusion.
Many thanks for the great service as always Michael.
Nastasiya, thank you so much you have been fantastic your patience and assistance on my behalf is greatly appreciated.
Aoibhinn is just too efficient in her work! Thanks!